Mentoring is a two way thing: you give and you take. You’ll take back more than you think; invariably all our mentors come away saying how much they have benefited from the experience. It is truly an enriching activity for all concerned. A big win-win.
Mentoring is about sharing your talents with someone and in so doing letting them see their own. It is about inspiring young people to want be the best they can be, for themselves and for others.
Who are we looking for?
- A mentor is a positive, committed and dependable role model whose character exhibits our core values
- We look for mentors who have a genuine concern for those in society who are less fortunate than themselves
- We want to see a real passion for youth, and a commitment to work to better the prospects of young people
- A willingness to share your talents with someone and in so doing letting them discover their own
- Mentoring is rewarding, but can be challenging. We want mentors with fiery enthusiasm and gritty resilience
- Our project leaders manage groups of up to 12 mentors to deliver one-to-one mentoring sessions to young people
- Many of our mentees are often let down by adults. We want to reverse that experience by being committed and consistent, so we expect our mentors to commit for a minimum of 22 sessions of 2 hours per week
- Top training: we want to supercharge your natural talents and channel your idealism towards an important task
- We offer our mentors ongoing personal development including CV building, references and guest speakers
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Start by filling out this online form. We’ll be in touch to invite you to an information event giving you a chance to hear more about us and what is involved in becoming a Citywise mentor. You will also have an opportunity to talk with staff and other mentors in an informal environment and let us get to know more about you. Finally we will assign successful candidates to projects and give you details of the training day. The city needs heroes – could you be one?Apply Now