Why we’re here
Our vision is to transform young lives through the power of character mentoring. We work with schools and families to help young people unlock their potential, flourish in all areas of their lives, and contribute positively to their communities.
What’s important to us
To achieve our vision we hold six core values. These shape and inform our work, and are fundamental to the way we treat every member of the Citywise family: children, parents and carers, volunteers, staff and other supporters.
- We believe that every human being has intrinsic worth. Citywise helps people discover their passion and purpose as they share their unique gifts with the world.
- We believe that education should foster these gifts. Citywise helps people develop the curiosity and confidence to learn and grow throughout their lives.
- We believe in the wellbeing of the whole person. Citywise helps people grow in character and thrive as they develop strengths of heart, mind and will.
- We believe that people flourish in positive relationships. Citywise creates communities of safety and trust, where people can have deep connection to others in mutual mentoring relationships.
- We believe that character growth changes the world! Citywise helps people see that self-mastery and care for others are the tools with which to transform their communities.
- We believe in the joy of a life lived for others. Motivated by our Christian faith, Citywise brings together people of all backgrounds to work for the common good.