We have all spent a lot more time with our families than we expected to this year! Citywise is on a mission to help families bond at a time when it can be tricky to do the normal things that help us relax or have fun.
Over the years children on our community programmes have loved baking and cooking, so we thought we would share some of our favourite recipes with you!
This recipe and ingredients along with lots of other family activities were in our latest Activity Packs for families! These packs will support families over the Christmas break and create more ways for parents to engage with their child’s character growth journey.
If you’re doing this with children (and we won’t judge if you’re not!) you can read through the recipe together, assign jobs, even the washing up! You could also answer these questions together whilst you’re waiting for truffles to chill in the fridge!
1. If you could make one rule that everyone in the world had to follow, what rule would you make and why?
2. If your family was going to start a new weekly or monthly tradition at home, what do you think you should do?
3. Name your favourite three things about the person on your left!
Delicious Oreo Truffles Recipe!
You will need:
- 200g Oreo Cookies
- 100g Cream Cheese
- 200g Chocolate
- Put all the Oreos into your sandwich bag. Using a rolling pin (or your hands) turn your Oreos into crumbs! (You may need to double bag them, as the bag may burst.)
- Mix the bashed Oreos in with the cream cheese. (If you have Oreos left over, it’s perfect for topping the truffles once they’ve been coated in chocolate).
- Roll the Oreo mixture into small balls with your hands. Place on a tray and put them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- To melt the chocolate, first put a pan of water on to boil. Then place a bowl over the top, break the chocolate into the bowl and let it melt slowly. Be careful not to let the hot water touch the bottom of the bowl otherwise the chocolate may burn.
- Then, use forks to lower the Oreo balls into the melted chocolate mixture until they are totally covered and return them to the tray.
- You can then decorate with more chocolate, bashed up Oreos or anything else! Leave to set in the fridge for one hour, then enjoy!
Once you’ve taste tested a few (for quality control, of course) they could even be lovely little gifts for someone you love!
Thanks to BBC Good Food for inspiring the recipe!
Have you tried our Homemade Pizza recipe yet? So healthy, delicious and super fun to make!